next round of myw classes in Toronto Canada will be
– sept 8 2014 (monday) – cinematography + color correction + wedding main features
– sept 9 2014 (tuesday) – interview setup/lighting (practical) + maximizing hdslr filmmaking (practical) + storytelling
– sept 10 2014 (wednesday) – additional private workshops for international students only.
for NEW JERSEY – LOS ANGELES – CHICAGO – SAN FRANCISCO classes summer 2014
please contact me directly via firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
– here is a director’s cut for a 1 minute spot i directed in 2012 that i never got around to sharing, although students in usa/canada in the past 2 years have seen it as i have used it as a basis to teach to teach color correction/cinematography classes. it was a grueling 2.5 day shoot set across 10 separate setup locations in the canadian side of the niagara falls region.
conceptualized + directed + story-boarded (in my head) + edited + color corrected by myw 2012
producer – sarah vasquez
art direction – jessica jurza
for more info on the attractions featured please visit –
STABILIZATION + LIGHTING
– cinevate atlas 10 mounted many via manfrotto carbon fibre tripods
– steadicam pilot
– kessler 8/12 ft crane
– 3 little 150w lowel pro-lights help light the walls + texturize backgrounds/carpet/flooring/cabinets
– compact 200w lowel caselights + matte white foam core sheets provided key+fill lights
-technicolor cine-style was used for the entire shoot, shooting flat and adding all the color, contrast, saturation in post imo yielded phenomenal results.
-newblueFX (and some of my legacy magic bullet filters) performed all color correction duties in post.
-prores 422 as a master file, but for web/iphone/appleTv 10mps iphone4/ipad format.
everything was designed to maximize the usage of natural lighting; whether it be
– waking up at 5 am to shoot at 6 am (to fake magic hour for restaurant sequences)
– shooting during magic hour for all winary footage repeating as many crane shots as the lighting provided us
– yes, all the fireworks footage was 100% completely live; the kessler crane (set at 8 ft) was perfect for a quick/beautiful setup for these shots.
– the interiors were a combination of bouncing natural lighting+as well as adding scones, lighting carpets, cabinets, food tables, etc etc.
if you would like to share films; feel free to add me as a contact on vimeo.
CINEMATOGRAPHY + COLOR CORRECTION + STORYTELLING + MAIN FEATURE DISSECTION
university of sydney; australia // exposed down under // july 2012
myw returns to Australia for the first time in 2 years as the lead educator for this annual event
STORYTELLING + MAIN FEATURE DISSECTION + LENS TRAINING
university of sydney; australia // exposed down under // july 2010